Click on the elements of interest for more details,
or make a new query .
The numbers that are shown in the parentheses indicate how
many of your word queries appear in each category.
- acous-, -acoustical words: acouasm to acoutometer, part 1 of 2 (four matching results)
- phobo-, -phobia (excessive fear; hatred for) words: ablutophobia to agoraphobia, part 1 of 13 (four matching results)
- hapto-, hapt-, -hapte (Greek: touch, fasten, contact, seizure; binding, attaching) (two matching results)
- decibels (Latin: "ten" plus "bel" [Alexander Graham Bell]; a list of decibel levels and the examples that show the various decibel scales) (two matching results)
- oxy- (sharp, pointed, keen; acidic, pungent) words: anoxia to oxymel, part 1 of 2 (two matching results)
- somni-, somno-, somn-, -somnia, -somniac (Latin: sleep; dream) (one matching result)
- acous-, -acoustical words: acusis to telacousis, part 2 of 2 (one matching result)
- dys- words (bad, harsh, wrong; ill; hard to, difficult at; slow of; disordered; used as a prefix): acrodysesthesia to dysmentia, part 1 of 2 (one matching result)
- pan-, panto- (all, every, entire) words: pan to panic, part 1 of 2 (one matching result)
- borborygmo-, borborygm- (Greek > Latin: intestinal rumblings, to rumble; gurgling, and splashings) (one matching result)