Multi-, mult- (Latin: many, much; used as a prefix)
Multi- prefix words: multangular to multungulate
multi- affects the meanings of a multitude of words;
all of which are not shown here.
Having many angles.
A bone possessing numerous angles.
A reference to a computer system that allows several users to gain access to it at the same time.
Pertaining to many joints.
The process of sending out data across a network to a number of selected recipients at the same time.
Consisting of many cells.
Of many different colors.
Possessing many ribs.
Relating to, consisting of, or participating in the cultures of different countries, ethnic groups, or religions.
Possessing many teeth or indentations.
Possessing many digits or many fingers.
Relating to or having more than three dimensions.
Having several aims or covering several aspects of a situation.
Studying or using several specialized subjects or skills.
Relating to or including several different ethnic groups.
1. With many different talents, qualities, or features.
2. Having many facets or cut surfaces.
Involving several different factors or elements.
Including parts, things, or people of many different kinds.
Having many lobe-shaped segments.
Having many flowers.
In architecture, a flat shape, opening, or decorative design with many lobes or scallops at the edges.
With many leaves.
With many leaflets.
Including or affecting several generations.
A pregnant woman who has had at least one previous pregnancy or who has been pregnant several times.
Having many pairs of leaflets.
1. Involving more than two parties or countries.
2. In geometry, having many sides.
The principle or belief that several nations should be cooperatively involved in the process of achieving some goal.
multilingual, multilingualism, multilingually:
1. Able to speak more than two languages fluently.
2. Written in, expressed in, or using more than two languages.
Loquacious, gabby; excessive talking.
The condition of having more than two breasts.
Programs, software, and hardware capable of using a wide variety of media such as film, video, and music as well as text and numbers.
An instrument that reads and measures the values of several different electrical parameters such as current, voltage, and resistance.
Someone with money or assets worth several millions in value.
Operating or having investments in several countries; relating to or including people from several countries.
multipara, singular; multiparae, plural:
A woman who has borne a live child from each of two or more pregnancies.
A description of an animal, especially a mammal, that normally gives birth to two or more offspring at one time.
Involving or including several things, people, or parts.
1. A large movie theater complex that has several separate units with screens.
2. The simultaneous transmission of two or more signals along one communications channel.
A number that is multiplied by another number (the multiplier).
A considerable number or variety.
1. To perform the mathematical operation of multiplication.
2. To increase or make something increase by a considerable number, amount, or degree.
3. To increase in number by breeding.
1. Having several countries that are centers of power or influence.
2. Used to describe a nerve cell with more than two of the connecting fibers that carry impulses into the cell body.
With many roots or rootlets.
Having many different meanings.
Relating to or involving two or more of the physical senses.
Having numerous tentacles.
Pertaining to vegetation composed of several horizontal layers.
A large crowd of people or a very large number of things or people.
Very great in number; with many parts, great in number, or existing in many varieties.
With several meanings or values; polyvalent.
Having more than one rood in a year; for example, silkworms and certain birds.
Having a hoof with more than two parts.