nivi-, niv-, nivos- (Latin: snow, snowy, snowiness).
1. Pertaining to snow.
2. Growing in or under the snow as certain plants.
3. Relating to or living in a snowy environment.
1. Erosion of the land surface by the action of snow.
2. The erosion of rock or soil beneath a snowbank or snow patch and along its fluctuating margins, due to frost action in conjunction with other processes such as chemical weathering and solifluction.
3. Erosion of the ground beneath and at the sides of a snowbank, mainly as a result of alternate freezing and thawing.
In hydrology, of or relating to features and effects resulting from the action of snow and ice.
Pertaining to the combined action of snow and ice.
In hydrology, of, related to, or caused by the simultaneous accumulation and intermixing of snow and airborne sand at the side of a gentle slope.
Resembling snow in color; snow-white.
Living in snow or snow-covered habitats.
The fourth month of the French revolutionary calendar, extending (in 1793 to 1794) from 21 December to 19 January; literally, "month of snow"; coined by Fabre d'Églantine in 179