nosto-, nost- (Greek: return home).
1. Longing to return home or to one's native land; homesickness.
2. A mixed feeling of happiness, sadness, and longing when recalling a person, place, or event from the past.
3. Originally a medical term for a severe melancholia caused by protracted absence from home.
One who studies senility; a gerontologist.
1. The study of the senile stages of an organism or race of organisms.
2. The study of senility; gerontology. Based on the idea that some aspects of "later life [senility] is somewhat like returning to early years".
An intense form of nostalgia; an irresistible impulse to return home.
Someone who has an irresistible desire to return home.
An abnormal fear of returning home.
A homecoming, applied specifically to the homeward journeys of Odysseus and the other heroes of Troy.