planta-, plant- (Latin: sole of the foot).
Pertaining to the sole of the foot.
1. Walking on the whole soles of the feet, as with a plantigrade animal.
2. Walking with the whole of the lower surface of each foot on the ground.
supplant, supplantation, supplanter:
1. Literally, "To trip up one's heels, to throw down; to put under the sole of the foot, to trip up".
2. To take the place of; supersede, especially through force or plotting.
3. To remove or uproot in order to replace with something else.
A person who supplants or something that supplants (or supersedes) a pre-existing situation.